At PlaySport, we can provide a wide range of different extracurricular clubs to cater for your pupil’s interests. As a child grows, we believe that playing a variety of different sports and activities is important for their short, medium and long-term development.
Any of the sports and activities below can be delivered before school, during lunchtime or after school.
- Our Football programme allows players of all abilities to learn within an enjoyable environment focused on technical and physical development. This programme is open to Reception – Year 6 and has a playing pathway to Finchampstead Football Club, a PlaySport partner club.
- Similar to Football, Futsal is a highly enjoyable technical sport which can be played indoors or on the playground with a smaller, heavier ball. This club is open to Year 2 – Year 6 children and has a playing pathway to Berkshire Futsal Club.
- Another important sport for hand-eye coordination! Our Tri-Golf programme lays the important foundations in a beginner golfer. Tri-Golf is highly enjoyable with a range of fun games to play which aims to get children playing golf, we’re sure they’ll love it!! This club is open to Year 1 – Year 6.
- We love playing Tag-Rugby! Tag-Rugby is another important sport for physical development, and we believe elements of Tag-Rugby are particularly important for children’s ABCs (Athleticism, Balance, Co-ordination & Speed). This club is open to Year 2 – Year 6.
- Another popular club and perfect on a warm summer’s day! Within our Cricket programme, children prepare for match play via enjoyable games focused on the technique of bowling, batting and fielding. This club is open to Year 2 – Year 6 children.
- Great for hand-eye coordination! A highly enjoyable social sport, Tennis allows children to work as a small team to help each other’s learning whilst at the same time developing social skills in the process. This programme will also look to develop the core technical aspects of Tennis. This club is open to Year 3 – Year 6
- One of our most popular clubs and this doesn’t surprise us! Gymnastics provides a variety of physical fundamentals which are highly important for children’s development. This club is open to Reception – Year 6 and prepares children to continue jumping, rolling and gym’ing outside of school!
- An individual centred programme which benefits children in many ways. Judo is a fun, focused sport which allows pupils to take control of their learning and complete many milestones during their Judo journey. This club is open to Reception – Year 6.
- Yet another highly enjoyable sport we provide, and another club focused on technical and physical development. Lots of moving, dodging, throwing and catching – 4 key areas of learning rolled into one club..perfect! This club is open to Year 1 – Year 6.